30+ Best Items To Register For Baby
Published: May 1, 2016
Compiling a baby registry can feel a lot like you’re preparing a term paper. For one, if you don’t go after it in an orderly fashion, you may find yourself gutting the whole thng and starting from Ground Zero. When you’re a first-time parent, there’s also the self-imposed pressure to get it just right. (God forbid you register for the wrong type of swaddlers.) When it comes to what to register for baby, try these three steps:
- Start with a foundation of must-haves, taking advantage the wealth of checklists out there from The Bump to Target. Saw something crazy awesome on Shark Tank? You’ll want to add that stuff, too.
- Have a friend with a little one look it over – this especially works well when she’s still in the throes of the baby years. Extra bonus if she lets you hang out in her nursery and show you the items she can’t live without.
- Next, crowdsource! Get on Facebook and ask your mommy friends which items they wished they had registered for and, alternatively, what they now consider a waste of space.
Without further ado, here are some of the items I’m most excited about as a new mom. (All babies are different, so your mileage may vary!) Be sure to check out all the different Amazon perks out there, including Amazon Registry and Amazon Family!
The Big Stuff
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat, Tangerine – It was no question for me that I wanted a brand new seat, and this one had all the makings of a winner based on its reviews.
- Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30/35 LX Infant Car Seat Base, Silver – While the car seat comes with a base, we also purchased an extra for my husband and another extra for my in-laws, as they will be spending a lot of time with our little one.
- DaVinci Piedmont 4-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail – Another item that was going to be new no matter what. After finding the best-reviewed ones, the final differentiator was the color (we wanted to match it with daddy’s childhood dresser). Of course, our newborn is still sleeping in her rock and play because it feels more like the womb, but at least it’s pretty to look at for the time being!
- Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet with Automatic Folding Feet, Pasadena – We got ours deeply discounted on Amazon during Cyber Monday! This one’s a top best-seller, making it a shoe-in for best items to register for baby.
- Graco Snugrider Elite Stroller and Car Seat Carrier, Black 2015 – We got one that was just a frame that clicked with our car seat. Also, here are some great jogging stroller and car seat combos! Got a small car like mine, be sure to check out these best car seats for small cars.
- Some people choose to get a jogging stroller even if they don’t jog because they are so heavy duty. If you want an all-terrain set of wheels, check out these best jogging strollers under 200.
That Nursing Life
- Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump On-The-Go Tote – Check with your insurance company to see if it’s covered. Don’t forget to register for these add-ons:
- Medela 6pk BPA-Free Breastmilk Collection & Storage Bottles
- Medela Pump In Style 9 Volt Spare Battery Pack with Padded Case
- Medela 24mm Breastshield with Valve & Membrane
- Nursing pads – disposable and/or silicone
- Nipple cream
- Breastmilk storage bags
- Nursing tanks
- Pre-natal vitamins – Yes, you can add these to your registry! Don’t forget that as long as you’re still breasteeding, you’ll need to take your prenatal vitamins! Here are some of the best over-the-counter prenatals out there right now.
That Bottle Life
- Dr. Brown’s bottles
- Bottle warmer
- Bottle drying rack
- Bottle cleaning brushes
Cloths, Blankets & Swaddlers – Oh My!
- Circo 4pk Flannel Receiving Blankets – Sweet Kitty – You can never have too much of these! I also use Gerber’s cloth diapers, repurposed as burp cloths.
- Speaking of cloth diapers, if you go that route be sure you find the best detergent for cloth diapers that you can! (Those tushes are sensitive!)
- SwaddleDesigns® 4pk Muslin Swaddle Blankets – Something about this delicate fabric lends itself to a flexible yet supportive swaddle.
- Halo velcro swaddlers – My hospital sent us home with one of these and she absolutely loved it!
- Miracle Blanket – Another one that our daughter can’t live without!
- Baby swing (ex: Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing)
- Rock and play
- Activity mat(s) (ex: Infantino Twist and Fold Activity Gym), especially tummy time playmats!
- Bathing chair (to prevent ear infections)
- Hooded baby towels
… And Last But Not Least, Things That Make You Go “Awwwwww”
- Alilo Honey Bunny – This thing lights up, tells stories and sings songs to your little one. Includes white noise and voice record functions as well. A great distraction when you need to be freed up for a couple of minutes.
- Sophie La Girafe – A a new tradition for many households these days, Sohpie has a fascinating backstory!
- Bear Nightlight White – Pillowfort – It’s a honey bear night light. Need we say more?!
What are some of your favorite best items to register for baby? Let me know in the comments section!
Image courtesy of Personal Creations.
Categorised in: Baby Gear Reviews